Greek Student Association
Major in Classical Studies
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Travel Study in Greece
Certificate in Greek Studies
For The Public
Greek Literature Club
Upcoming Public Events
Greek Cinema Series
The Mary E. Critzas Archives of the St. Louis Greek Community
The Oral History Project
The Nicholas and Theodora Matsakis Greek Culture Center
THE NICHOLAS AND THEODORA MATSAKIS HELLENIC CULTURE CENTER at the University of Missouri-St. Louisis a place where scholars, students, and community members are welcome to immerse themselves in the culture and history of Greece – both international and locally. The Center is a resource for political, educational, cultural, travel, and business information.THE NICHOLAS AND THEODORA MATSAKIS HELLENIC CULTURE CENTER INCLUDES:
• The KARAKAS FAMILY LIBRARY filled with general interest books and periodicals on ancient, Byzantine, and modern Greece as well as a collection of current brochures, informational booklets, and other printed materials from Greek public and private organizations including subscriptions to major Greek newspapers and magazines.
The Library Catalogue is now online. Click the following link to access it: Matsakis Center Book Catalogue
• The ANDREW DIMAROGONAS MEDIA CENTER that holds a computer with access to the internet and updated bookmarks for major Greek portals and Web sites. Also, the Media Center includes a collection of educational and informational videos and computer programs about Greece that are available for use in the Center.
• The MARY E. CRITZAS ARCHIVES OF THE GREEK-AMERICAN COMMUNITY that will detail the history of the local Greek-American community, including the documents resulting from the Oral History project.
• The MARY E. CRITZAS GALLELRY OF GREEK ART that hosts a permanent exhibition of replicas of ancient and Byzantine Greek art as well as temporary exhibits by modern Greek artists. This museum is the only one of its kindin St. Louis and is a major attraction for locals and tourists interested in Greek culture. Furthermore, it will be used for classes and lectures on Greek art and culture.
* The HELLENIC SPIRIT FOUNDATION CONFERENCE ROOM that is available for a number of events and activities related to Greek culture including lectures, films, meetings, and performances.