Computer Interfacing Resources
Below are listed some companies that you might want to consider when designing
computer or calculator-interfaced experiments. Often, the hardware and
the software you will need will come as a package or in obviously related
products. It would be very difficult for us to list all of the products
that these companies offer; your best bet would be to look at their on-line
catalogs, to which we provide hyperlinks.
This file last serviced 5/23/07
- Acculabs Products Group
- Products for computer interfacing and CBL applications. Education- friendly.
Interfaces reviewed in Computing in Science & Engineering Nov/Dec 2001, p. 9
- 614 Scenic Drive, Suite #104
- Modesto, CA 95350
- Data Harvest Educational
- Probe systems with a variety of sensors and logging systems for educational
- 255 Coopers Ave., Unit 110
- Tonawanda, NY 14150
- (800) 436-3062
- Fax: (905) 607-3469
- e-mail: email@example.com
- DATAQ Instruments, Inc.
- PC computer interfacing. Mostly industrial, but the $24.95 DI-194RS
"demonstration" would meet some educational users' needs.
- 150 Springside Drive, Suite B220
- Akron, Ohio 44333-2473
- (800) 553-9006
- Fax: (216)666-5434
- Keithley Instruments, Inc.
- PC computer interface hardware and software. Industrial orientation, but
many products fit academic budgets.
- 28775 Aurora Road
- Solon, OH 44139
- (800) 552-1115 or (440)248-0400
- Fax: (440)248-6168
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Labtronics Inc.
- Systems for collecting data from a wide variety laboratory instruments. Many
users will be interested in
Collect, a series of program that allow data collection through the serial port
directly to spreadsheets and other applications.
- 95 Crimea St.
- Guelph, Ontario N1H 2Y5 Canada
- (519) 767-1061
- Fax: (519) 836-4431
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Measurement Computing
- This company provides a variety of data acquisition systems, including
very simple and inexpensive ones that interface through USB ports.
- 10 Commerce Way
- Norton, MA 02766
- Fax: (508)946-9500
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MeasureNet Technology, Ltd.
- Networked data acquisition systems that move the PC off of the laboratory
bench. The systems include a spectrometer, data acquisition stations, probes,
and controllers. One PC controls 12 stations.
- 1776 Mentor Ave.
- Cincinnati, OH 45212
- Fax: (513)351-0610
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Interfaces and sensors for temperature, pH, light, pressure, drop counter, and others.
- P.O. Box 7358
- Bozeman, Montana 59771-7358
- Fax: (406)586-3582
- MicroRidge Systems
- WedgeLink takes data
from the serial port into software applications.
- P.O. Box 3249
- Sunriver, Oregon 97707-0249
- Fax: (541)593-5652
- National Instruments
- This company produces high-end data acquisition and automation equipment,
mostly for industrial users. Academic laboratories might be interested,
especially in applications using LabView software.
- 11500 N. Mopac Expressway
- Austin, TX 76759-3504
- Fax: (512)683-8411
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PASCO Scientific
- Education-friendlY! Specializes in interfaced science experiments and demos.
- 10101 Foothills Blvd.
- P.O. Box 619011
- Roseville, CA 95661-9011
- Specializes in interfaces to the serial port.
- 2101 Brandywine Street
- Suite 102
- Philadelphia, PA 19130
- (800)722 6004
- Fax: (215) 496-0322
- You often don't need a computer to record digitized laboratory data. Texas
interface systems provide a less-expensive alternative.
- Texas Instruments Customer Support Line
- (800) 842-2737 (US, Puerto Rico, Canada)
- e-mail: email@example.com
Vernier Software & Technology
- Specializes in interfaces between computers/calculators and laboratory
experiments. Very oriented toward applications for educators, and supplies
software for IBM, Mac, and CBL.
LabPro is their
- 13979 SW Millikan Way
- Beaverton, OR 97005-2886
- (503) 277-2299
- Fax: (503) 277-2440
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Index | Book
Publishers | Software
Publishers | Journals
CERS | JCE
| JCE Online | JCE
Internet | Contact
CERS | e-mail: email@example.com
© Division of Chemical Education,
Inc., American Chemical Society. All rights reserved.