What We Do
Programs and Initiatives
CEFC Current Focus: Student Loan Debt
Using Evidence-Based Practices
Training, Monitoring & Evaluating
Outcomes & Results
Student Loan Debt Repayment Crisis
How We Earn Your Trust
What Sets Us Apart
What Others Say About Us
How To Get Involved
Nonprofit Counseling Orgranizations
Legal Services Organizations
Private and Corporate Foundations, Grantors
Since 2006, CEFC has been exploring ways to address the problems associated with the student loan debt crisis.
Goals for the current project phase were set:
- To provide select financial counselors training in available student loan repayment options designed, developed and delivered by consumer advocate student loan repayment experts.
- To identify evidence-based counseling practices that would effectively help student loan borrowers in distress achieve long-term results--a group for whom no independent providers of such services existed.
- To design, implement and monitor a pilot program with selected nonprofit financial counseling organizations partnered with a local legal services attorney (to provide legal consultation to borrowers when needed).
- To conduct a third-party evaluation of the program implementation, borrower impact and outcomes, and refine practices as needed.
- To expand the program to a much wider audience, dependent on funding.