Why Do I Need Advising?
Through the advising experience at UMSL, you will have the opportunity to:
- Examine and develop an understanding of your personal interests and skills.
- Make informed decisions that will lead to enrolling in courses and programs that match your interests, skills and goals.
- Formulate a plan for achieving identified academic goals, including a degree completion plan.
- Select appropriate coursework for your degree program.
- Seek assistance with questions and challenges while progressing through your academic program.
- Explore discipline-appropriate activities that build academic potential, strengthen transferable skills, increase personal communication, and develop leadership abilities.
- Graduate in a timely manner.