When Do I Meet With My Advisor?
At UMSL, all undergraduate students are required to meet with an advisor:
- Before you enroll in your first semester.
- When you complete 90 hours.
Throughout your career, you should make appointments or may be required to make appointments for several reasons including:
- Enrollment each semester
- You have met certain milestones in your degree program
- Changing your major
- You have not declared a major and have earned 60 hours
- Your admission status requires further appointments
- You are on academic probation
- You are at risk of losing financial aid eligibility or have lost financial aid eligibility
- You want to withdraw from the University
Anytime you have a question!
- Not sure how to choose a general education course or elective?
- Your instructor recommends a tutor and you don’t know where to go?
- Do you think you are close to graduating?
ADVISORS AT UMSL ARE HERE TO HELP YOU WITH THESE QUESTIONS