For Transfer Students
- Request official transcripts be sent to UMSL from all colleges or universities you have attended.
- Credit from other institutions is accepted providing it applies toward a transfer degree in the institution where it was earned. Transfer of credit is at the discretion of the Registrar here at UMSL.
- For information related to how a course from another institution will transfer to UMSL visit the Transfer Credit Equivalency page.
- The UMSL Veterans Center highly recommends submitting military transcripts to the University for evaluation. In most cases, course credit is generally given for military technical training when the credit recommendations are similar to courses offered at UMSL.
- Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans can request their transcripts through the Joint Services Transcript system (JST):
- Air Force: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans can request their transcripts through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF):
- Please visit our Credit for Military Service page for more information.
Director of Admissions
University of Missouri-St. Louis
1 University Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63121-4400
- For more information visit the Admissions for Transfer Students page. For more information on transferring to UMSL, please contact the Office of Transfer Services, (314) 516-5162, or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, (314) 516-5451.
Registering for classes
Please go to the registration page for most of the information on what you need to do to register for classes.
You can also visit us here at the Veterans Center if you have any questions or need direction as to whom you need to contact to register for classes.
Academic advisor, Jennifer Soltis, comes to our office most Mondays from 12-4pm during the spring/fall semesters to assist veterans with any advising issues or registration help.
Note: You will need to have an EDF Form(pdf) filled out by your advisor to be submitted to the registrars office.
Apply for benefits
- Apply online for GI Bill VA Educational Benefits.
- Before applying for benefits please ensure you have all the required paperwork necessary to submit an application for VA Educational Benefits.
- Once you have been approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). A copy of your COE should be submitted to the VA certifying official in the Office of the Registrar, in room 269 Millenium Student Center.
- After enrolling in your courses, you will need to have an EDF Form(pdf) filled out by your advisor to be submitted to the registrars office (which must be completed EACH semester for which you wish to receive benefits).
- For more information about VA Educational Benefits please contact the Veterans Center at (314) 516-5705 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- The University of Missouri - St. Louis Veterans Center highly recommends that all student veterans apply for financial aid. Due to your recent military status (separated or deployed), you may be able to receive Federal Grants to assist you financially while pursuing a higher education. The Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) application can be completed online at: www.fafsa.gov.
- Our Federal School Code is : 002519
- For more information please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (314) 516-5526 or visit the Student Financial Aid page.
Apply for other Veteran Aid
Check here for other possible aid.
Speak with the Disability Access Services(if needed)
Visit their site for more information.