Prospective Student Veterans
Admissions Check List
Military & Academic Credit
St. Louis Pre-Collegiate Fellowship
Financing Your Education
GI Bill Benefits
VA Certification Request
Student Veterans Association
The Department of Military and Veterans Studies
Green Zone Training
Veterans Center Staff
In the News
Using GI Bill and other financial aid to pay for college
The details of your veteran education benefits can be complex and confusing. We have provided some information below, but please feel free to contact the Veterans Center directly to review your eligibility, how to utilize your benefits, and any limitations that may apply.
Veterans’ Financial Options (click on the links to learn more information)
- In-state tuition for all veterans within 3 years of separation – to qualify, bring your DD214 to the Veterans Center
- Missouri Returning Heroes Education Act – limits tuition cost to $50/per credit hour for any program leading towards a bachelor’s degree.
- GI Bill Benefits
- Federal & State Tuition Assistance (Current servicemembers)
- UMSL Active Duty Scholarship for servicemembers (must be using Tuition Assistance)
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid ***Highly recommended even if you are receiving GI Bill*** You may be eligible to receive federal grants to assist you financially while pursuing a higher education.
- ROTC Scholarship
- UMSL General Scholarships – apply for many scholarships using one online application!
- Be sure to apply for the Howard Yasbin Veteran scholarship
- External Scholarships for veterans & their families