Do you qualify for in-state tuition?

  • **New in 2017** All undergraduate students attending UMSL who are Illinois residents will pay in-state tuition rate. Click here for more information.
  • GI Bill users who are non-residents - Click here to check qualifications for in-state tuition.

Financial Aid Options for Military-Connected Students

The details of your veteran education benefits and tuition assistance can be complex and confusing. We have provided some information below, but please feel free to contact the Veterans Center directly at 314-516-5705 to discuss your eligibility, how to utilize your benefits, and any limitations that may apply.

Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)

We highly recommended that you fill out your Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) even if your GI Bill will cover 100% of tuition. You may be eligible for grants, scholarships, and/or loans to assist you with all your educational expenses. Apply for Federal Financial Aid here.

Not sure how to report your Veterans Education Benefits on your FAFSA? Click HERE for an informational guide.