Windows Live Terminolog
A collection of online services offered by Microsoft, including Windows Live e-mail. Additional services include:
- Windows Live SkyDrive: store up to 25 GB of data
- Windows Live Groups: collaborate in a virtual workspace
- Windows Live Messenger: chat with friends and swap photos
- Windows Live Toolbar: sync favorites in Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Windows Live Photo: share photos
- Microsoft Office Live Workspace: store and share documents online
- Windows Live Spaces: connect with friends
email@example.com is your Windows Live ID, which you will use to log on to all Windows Live services. Username is the same as your UMSL SSOID.
Windows Live e-mail address
Your Windows Live e-mail address is your official University e-mail address. Its format is firstname.lastname@example.org, where username is the same as your UMSL SSOID.
The voluntary process of changing to the Windows Live e-mail service.
All new e-mail messages sent to email@example.com (your "old" address) will automatically be delivered to your new account, firstname.lastname@example.org, once you have chosen to opt in to the Windows Live service. You do not need to do anything else in order to receive your new messages.
Moving mail items
After you opt in to Windows Live, you must move any e-mail you wish to keep from your email@example.com account to your firstname.lastname@example.org account. The IT KnowledgeBase has instructions on how to move data from the old e-mail account to Windows Live.