You will need to obtain and activate your Single Sign On (SSO) ID to access your accounts and log into the computers in the campus labs. Follow this link on “Getting Connected on Campus” for more details on your SSO ID and our networks.
MyGateway provides you with access to a course’s online resources such as: class documents, discussion forums, online exams, and a variety of other internet resources.
To access MyGateway, go to http://mygateway.umsl.edu. When prompted, enter your SSO ID (username) and password.
After logging on to the MyGateway system you will be brought to your “MyGateway Home” tab. From this page you can access all of your class sites at UMSL that utilize MyGateway, as well as a variety of other campus based resources.
There are also several other tabs that provide you with information and access to other services. These tabs are:
Provides personalized information and important links for students to campus resources.
Provides personalized information and important links for faculty and staff to campus resources.
Provides integrated access to your Studentmail email account from within MyGateway.
Convenient Access to UM-St. Louis Library resources such as catalogs and electronic databases.
Under the heading “My Courses,” on the “MyGateway” page, click on a class name, and you will access the class MyGateway site. By default, the first page displayed is “Announcements.” Here you will see any class related announcements posted by the instructor. The buttons on the left-hand side of the screen give you access to various areas and tools of the course site such as:
- Course Information: Possible materials--syllabus, grading policies, etc.
- Course Documents: Possible materials--lecture notes, virtual handouts, study guides, and relevant class materials
- Staff Information: Contact information for your course instructor and teaching assistants.
- Assignments: Possible materials--reading assignments, writing projects, and quizzes.
- External Links: Possible materials--A variety of class related www sites, and other general Internet resources.
- Tools: Provides access to various course tools that instructors may utilize to let students check their grades, create individual home pages, and other features.
- Communication: Provides access to tools such as sending email to class members, online collaboration and live classrooms and more.
| Back to top |
Each registered student is given a single email address on the server studentmail. The default size of all student email accounts is 50 gigabytes. To check your email, go to:
http://login.live.com. You can also access this account through MyGateway.
Your student email address will be: firstname.lastname@example.org
…where “yourssoid” is your own SSO ID.
For example, if your SSO ID is abc123 then your email address will be:
Password: To start using your email account, you must activate your SSO ID and choose a secure password.
IInformation about studentmail can be found at http://www.umsl.edu/technology/tsc/outlooklive/WindowsLiveTransNews.html
For assistance with email, visit any of the computing labs on campus. Also, you may contact the Technology Support Center for any issues with your Studentmail account.
| Back to top |