Telephone Services is in the process of installing ShoreTel IP phones across campus. Below you will find information regarding the phones, the voicemail system, and more.
- Quick Reference Guide for Voice Mail
- Quick Reference Guide for ShoreTel 115 IP Phone
- Quick Reference Guide for ShoreTel 230 IP Phone
- Quick Reference Guide for ShoreTel 265 IP Phone
- Quick Reference Guide for ShoreTel 560 IP Phone
- Top Features Using ShoreTel Phones
Interested in an online tutorial on how to use your phone? Visit ShoreTel's training website and click on the model IP Phone you would like to learn more about. Tutorials typically take less than 5 minutes.
To view the schedule & progress of the ShoreTel IP phone installation across campus, click here.
- ShoreTel Voice Mail can be accessed by:
- Pressing the 'Voice Mail' button on a ShoreTel IP phone
- Dialing x6600 from a non-ShoreTel telephone on campus
- Dialing 314-516-6600 from off-campus
- CallPilot messages will be available temporarily at x4200 (or 314-516-4200 from off-campus).
- Once the campus has been migrated to ShoreTel IP phones and the CallPilot messaging system has been disabled, ShoreTel voice mail may also be accessed by dialing x6600 from a ShoreTel IP phone on campus.
- To change the way your name appears in Caller ID, to have your voice mail messages sent to you via email, or to have your extension revert to another number when 0 is pressed during your greeting, please visit the ShoreTel Options form at: www.umsl.edu/shoreteloptions.
- Additional information about the ShoreTel voice mail system may be found here: www.umsl.edu/voicemail.
ShoreTel Communicator is an application that runs on your computer and integrates with your new ShoreTel IP Phone. ShoreTel Communicator allows you to make settings changes to your phone, integrate with Outlook to receive voicemail through email, quickly search for other colleagues through the Directory, and more.
For a ShoreTel Communicator installation instructions document, click the appropriate link below:
For more information about ShoreTel Communicator and for a link to install it on your computer, visit this page:
Interested in an online tutorial on how to use ShoreTel Communicator? Visit ShoreTel's training website and learn more about the many features Communicator has to offer:
- Alarm Lines:
- If UMSL infrastructure was used without the knowledge of Telephone Services), the alarm may be disconnected as new IP phones are installed.
- Telephone Services recommends departments check their alarm(s) as phones on the campus get moved to the new VoIP system.
- Please contact Telephone Services if an alarm no longer works.
- Call Pickup Groups:
- Pickup Groups have not been set up for the new IP phones
- Please contact Telephone Services if you wish to have this feature made available
For more information or help, please visit the KnowledgeBase at http://help.umsl.edu, or call Telephone Services at x6500.