If you wish to use teleconferencing provided by AT&T through Telephone Services, here is how it works.
Begin by creating a “Host” account
- You will need to setup the service at least 24 hours prior to the conference call start time.
- Call AT&T at 1-800-526-2655. The AT&T specialist will need to know that you are calling from the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
- You will be asked to provide your first and last name, your telephone number, your email address, and the telephone number to be assigned as the “host” (if different than your telephone number).
Next, decide on which type of toll-free service you would prefer
Both of the following toll-free services are available to you. Even if you register for a “reservationless” account, you may decide at a later time that a reserved call is warranted.
- Reservationless at 8.5 cents per minute:
- This service is ideal for ad hoc calls.
- You will receive a verbal and/or an email confirmation of your personal, dedicated toll-free dial-in number and two access codes.
- Once registered, you will be ready to make any number of ad hoc conference calls using the same toll-free dial-in number and access codes.
- For each conference call, you will need to provide to each participant the date, time, participant access code and toll-free dial-in number.
- As host, you will need to initiate the conference call, and you will need to remain on the call for its duration.
- You will need to renew your “reservationless” account every 6 months.
- Reserved at 12 cents per minute:
- You will need to call AT&T in advance for every conference call.
- Each time, you will be asked to provide the date, approximate duration and the number of participants.
- You will receive a verbal and/or an email confirmation of the new toll-free dial-in number and two access codes for each conference call you arrange.
- For each call, you will need to provide to each participant the date, time, participant access code and toll-free dial-in number.
- As host, you will need to initiate the conference call, but you may leave the call at anytime thereafter.
How to estimate the cost of the call
- The total number of minutes used is billed to the Host at the rates noted above. These rates exclude taxes and fees. To estimate the total cost, we recommend adding 2 cents to the above rates.
- Example: A “reserved” conference call with 10 participants with each participant connected for 60 minutes will result in a total of 600 billable minutes. The estimated bill would be $84 (600 x $0.14).
- Note: The above rates are for toll-free numbers and the host pays all charges. Toll numbers are available if you prefer to defer charges to the participants.
How you will be billed
Once the bill is received, Telephone Service will contact you for a MoCode.