Blackboard IM (replaces Pronto)
What is Blackboard IM?
With Blackboard Collaborate instant messaging service (formerly Wimba Pronto) instructors can create a learning environment which supports online office hours, meetings, enhances engagement with students and more....
- Works with MyGateway to automatically populate students' contact lists from their courses
- Allows students, instrutors and classmates to spontaneously meet live online anytime
- Provides a robust collaborative environment for students and instructors to interact
- Allows for convenient real-time communication with your instructor and classmates
Additional collaborative features:
- Blended Audio and Video
- State-of-the-art Whiteboard
- Group Instant Messaing (IM)
- Real-time collaboration and active group participation
- Builds a community of social netorking within a course by encouraging student-to-student interaction
- Personalized user profiles
For more information, to schedule departmental workshops or for individualized consultatoin relating to the use of Blackboard IM please contact the Faculty Resource Center by phone, 314-516-6704, email email@example.com or visit ESH room 105.
You will need access to an internet browser (e.g Internet Explorer, Firefox)
- Type in http://mygateway.umsl.edu
- Enter your SSO ID and password
- Once you're logged in you will see a list of your courses and several modules
- The Blackboard IM module is among the list of modules on the Home Page
- Click the link that reads "Get Blackboard IM"
- Be sure all courses are selected (boxes should be checked)
- Select the option to download Blackboard IM
- Save the file to your local drive (e.g. desktop)
- Filename is: BlackboardIMSetup.exe
- Double click on the file to Run
- Follow installation instructions
If you need assistance with downloading Blackboard IM please contact the FRC, 314-516-6704