Blackboard 9.1 (SP11) Features
Blackboard Information Wiki
Knowledge at UMSL
Contact Tech Support
Online Grade Submission and MyGateway
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Blackboard IM?
With Blackboard Collaborate Instant Messaging service instructors can create a learning environment which supports online office hours, meetings, enhances engagement with students and more....
- Works with MyGateway to automatically populate students' contact lists from their courses
- Allows students, instructors and classmates to spontaneously meet live online anytime
- Provides a robust collaborative environment for students and instructors to interact
- Allows for convenient real-time communication with your instructor and classmates
Additional collaborative features:
- Blended Audio and Video
- State-of-the-art Whiteboard
- Group Instant Messaging (IM)
- Real-time collaboration and active group participation
- Builds a community of social networking within a course by encouraging student-to-student interaction
- Personalized user profiles
For more information, to schedule departmental workshops or for individualized consultation relating to the use of Blackboard IM please contact the Faculty Resource Center by phone, 314-516-6704, email email@example.com or visit ESH room 105.
You will need access to an Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox)
- Type in http://mygateway.umsl.edu
- Enter your SSO ID and password
- Once you're logged in you will see a list of your courses and several modules
- The Blackboard IM module is among the list of modules on the Home Page
- Click the link that reads "Get Blackboard IM"
- Be sure all courses are selected (boxes should be checked)
- Select the option to download Blackboard IM
- Save the file to your local drive (e.g.. desktop)
- Filename is: BlackboardIMSetup.exe
- Double click on the file to Run
- Follow installation instructions
If you need assistance with downloading Blackboard IM please contact the FRC, 314-516-6704