Policies And Forms
Security Incident Reporting
Server and Data Classification
IT Purchase And License Requests
Remove SSN's With Spider
Spider PC Instructions And Download
SENF Mac Instructions and Download
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Peer-To-Peer Softward Information
Top 10 Security Issues
Guest Network Access
Register Your Computer On NAC
Network Access Control (NAC)
Securing Your Portable Devices
Basic Computer Security
Contact IT Security
Good security can help prevent identity theft, computer downtime, and loss of productivity, data, and money! Follow these rules to stay safe...
1. Do not share your password more..
2. Use a strong password more..
3. Run up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spyware software more..
4. Regularly patch your computer more..
5. Learn to recognize Phishing & Social Engineering scams more..
6. Learn to recognize malicious links & attachments in email
7. DO NOT send personal information via email
8. Always log off public computers
9. Peer-to-peer file sharing can be illegal or harmful
10. Consider using a more secure web browser - Firefox
Top 4 Resources You May Not Know
- Faculty And Staff Can Get A Discount On A Home PC By Going To http://www.umsl.edu/technology
- You Can Share Files With Other People In Your Department Through Your Departmental Samba Drive (N:\)
- You Can Put Personal Web Pages In The public _html Directory Of Your Unix Account
- You Can Access Your Email Securely From Off Campus Through My gateway (http://mygateway.umsl.edu)
Top 5 Best Practices Or Tips For Using Your Computer
- Perform Regular Maintenance On Your Computer
- Save Files Often To Avoid Data Loss
- Scan Documents At Resolutions Appropriate To What They Will Be Used For:
- 72 DPI For Text Documents And Graphics To Be Viewed On A Computer
- 600 To 1200 DPI For Graphics That Will Be Printed
- Use ITS Streaming Video Servers To Deliver Video Content
- Save Data To Your K:\ Drive, A Burnable CD Or A USB Drive When Using A Lab Or Classroom PC
ITS Resource Offices Contact Information And Useful URLS
- If you have a computer security incident, please contact the CSIRT team at 314-516-6034 or email@example.com
- https://apps.umsl.edu/webapps/weboffice/software_distribution/login.cfms - Free Anti-virus
- http://www.lavasoftusa.com/- Ad Aware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.antiphishing.org/- Phishing Information
- http://www.umsl.edu/technology/support/ (Under The Quick Links Section) - ITS Maintenance Guide
If you have a computer security incident, please contact the CSIRT team at 314-516-6034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org