Student Technology Guide
About Instructional Support
A to Z
Audio Visual Support
Contact Classroom Support
Fall 2015 Software Changes
Windows 7 Software
Social Sciences Building 103 (SSB 103)
Live Lab Maps
Info for New Students
Current Lab Hours
Come Work for Us!
TJ Lab Capacity & Traffic Information
TEC Help Sheets
Apple TV Information
Room Rental Rates
Come Work for Us!
Contact Instructional Support
HEC Job Training
J.C. Penney Building/Conference Center Room 61
What Is Telepresence?
Cisco TelePresence is a new-generation videoconferencing system that provides users an immersive face-to-face meeting experience using three 65" high-definition (HD) LCD televisions and CD-quality audio. Each University of Missouri TelePresence room is designed to appear as though you are in the same room and communicating across the table with life-size colleagues. Cameras and microphones are pre-positioned to eliminate the need for adjustments. Presentations (like PowerPoint) can appear on auxiliary monitors. Up to eighteen conferees can formally participate. End users can initiate scheduled conferences using TelePresence-associated (VoIP) telephone, just like making a regular call. Calls can be point-to-point or multipoint.
Note: TelePresence cannot be scheduled to deliver courses.
The scheduling for the room is done via Outlook, using the steps described below:
- Click on File, then New, and then Meeting Request. Add meeting participants in the required and/or optional fields in the meeting request window that opens.
- Go to the scheduling screen by clicking Scheduling and then click on the add others button to open the address book. Here is where you will also set the date and start/end times for the event.
- NOTE: You must schedule at least 15 minutes between any meeting already on the calendar.
- Type "TelePresence" to find the list of system wide available rooms and select two or more TelePresence rooms. These must go into the resources field!
- Click OK
- Add in required and optional users to be invited to the meeting.
- Ensure the meeting times do not conflict with other meetings.
- Click back on Appointment on the top ribbon and then Send to close the meeting request. Wait for a message from TelePresence confirming the meeting.
Click here for visual step by step instructions on scheduling the room.
If you need to schedule a TelePresence conference with a room outside the University of Missouri System, please follow the instructions on the MOREnet TelePresence scheduling page.
TelePresence users should be aware that on rare occasions, their scheduled meeting may be pre-empted to accommodate senior university officials. If this does occur, we will make every effort to reschedule your meeting and/or make arrangements for a non-TelePresence video conference or an audio conference in the original time slot
- UMSL: J.C.Penney Room 61. Click here for a map and directions.
- MU: Ellis Library, Room 106A
- UMKC: Administrative Center, Room 210
- Missouri S&T: Curtis Laws Wilson Library,Room 201A
- MOREnet: MOREnet Building, Room 206B
Parking Lot D is available for parking. Visitors to the campus should visit Parking and Transportation to obtain temporary parking stickers. http://www.umsl.edu/~transportation/
Monday - 7:30am-5:00pm
Tuesday - 7:30am-5:00pm
Wednesday - 7:30am-5:00pm
Thursday - 7:30am-5:00pm
Friday - 7:30am-4:30pm
- Instructional Support Services: 516-6852 / firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ: UMSL knowledgebase at http://help.umsl.edu (keyword telepresence)