About Instructional Support
A to Z
Audio Visual Support
About AV Support
Contact Classroom Support
Windows 7 Software
Social Sciences Building 103 (SSB 103)
Live Lab Maps
About Student Labs
Info for New Students
Current Lab Hours
Come Work for Us!
TEC Help Sheets
Apple TV Information
Room Rental Rates
Come Work for Us!
Contact Instructional Support
Instructional Support Services staff, in accordance with the following policy, regulates the use of Technology Enhanced Classrooms (TEC) and Lecture Halls on the campus of the University of Missouri at St. Louis:
- IC staff will lock and unlock all TEC classrooms before and after their scheduled use in accordance with policy.
- The Stickrooms will be opened before the first class and closed after their last scheduled use in accordance with policy.
- Reservations can be made through the Registrar’s office or by 25 Live for ad-hoc submissions.
- Students will not be allowed to use the TECs outside of normally scheduled class times. The media enhanced lecture halls or Stickrooms may be used by students to practice class assignments (e.g. PowerPoint demos)
- Groups from outside the UM-St. Louis campus may arrange to rent a TEC by contacting the Continuing Education Office of UM-St. Louis at 516-6750. Such groups will agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the UM-St. Louis campus while using the computer facilities and accept responsibility for damage by their negligence or misuse. Please visit http://www.umsl.edu/technology/policy/acceptable.html to view the policy in its entirety.
- Please, No Food or Drink inside the TECs
- For issues during class, users may call x6852 or go to SSB 103, for immediate assistance.
- The TECs, Desktop & Laptop rooms, will be unlocked 30 minutes prior to class time, or if the instructor comes early.
- TECs, Desktop & Laptop rooms, may stand open if there is a break of an hour or less between classes. If there are any breaks longer than an hour, the room must be locked.
- Learning Studios will be unlocked 10 minutes before class and secured immediately after class. Instructional Support Services staff or Faculty must be present at all times; these rooms may NOT be left unattended for any reason. If class should let out early, please notify Instructional Support Services staff in SSB 103 or by calling x6852 so they may lock the room.
- If you will not be meeting during your normal scheduled time in any of the technology classrooms, please notify Instructional Support Services by emailing email@example.com or calling 516-6852 so that we can take proper action in securing the room.
- If a faculty/staff member reserves a TEC for students to practice on the equipment prior to a presentation, the faculty/staff member must be present at all times to supervise. The classrooms are not to be left unattended at any time. Media enhanced lecture halls and Stick rooms are the exceptions to this rule. Students needing to practice class presentations may use them without faculty or staff present.
- Additional equipment brought to the TECs must be pre-approved by Instructional Support Services..