About Instructional Support
Audio Visual Support
About AV Support
Contact AV Support
AV Request Form
Check For Availability
Daily Videoconferencing Schedule
Contact AV Support
TEC Request Form
Check Classroom Availability
Classroom Performance System-CPS
TEC Help Sheets
About Student Labs
Lab Resource Matrix
Current Lab Hours
Info for New Students
IC Software Request
Student Employee Information
Contact Instructional Support
The following apply to all software installed in the Instructional Computing Labs and Classrooms.
All applications installed on the PCs in the labs and classrooms must be 32-bit software for Windows. It must be able to run under Windows 7 either natively (preferred), or using the compatibility mode provided in Windows 7. If the application is not available in a Windows 32-bit version, it will not be purchased. All applications requested for the Macintosh platform must be Universal and OSX 10.5 compatible.
- All applications requested will be tested for hardware compatibility across the lab and classroom environment. The results of these compatibility tests may be used to determine whether or not the application is purchased for installation.
- All applications installed in the labs and classrooms must be network compatible and offer concurrent use licensing. No software will be purchased that requires registration on individual computer or requires a license for every workstation or user.
- If an application runs directly from a cdrom it may not require installation on the workstation prior to use. If an application will run directly from a cdrom without prior installation or configuration we will not install the software in our environment and will not house the cdrom on our network servers. If you are unsure, go ahead fill out the software request form and it will be tested and you will be advised as to whether you can run the software directly from the cdrom without prior installation or configuration.
- Most "book software" (titles that are included with textbooks) require administrative privileges, and often a reboot, to install. As a result, you will not likely be able to install them for use in your classes. Should you require the installation of book software, it would be best to check with ITS prior to the ordering of the books, and be sure to get your requests in to ITS well in advance of the start of any semester.
- The deadline for software requests includes all web browser plug-ins and application add-ins that you wish to use in your classroom. (For example, the QuickTime plug-in for FireFox or special Excel add-ins). This would also include any special configuration options you might require (application preference settings).
- Requests to have software installed, must be turned in by the deadline. Please see the IC News section for software request deadline information.
If you would like to have software installed in the Labs and Classrooms for your courses please complete the New Software Purchase Request Form.