About Instructional Support
Audio Visual Support
About AV Support
Contact AV Support
AV Request Form
Check For Availability
Daily Videoconferencing Schedule
Contact AV Support
TEC Request Form
Check Classroom Availability
Classroom Performance System-CPS
TEC Help Sheets
About Student Labs
Lab Resource Matrix
Current Lab Hours
Info for New Students
IC Software Request
Student Employee Information
Contact Instructional Support
Instructors can use the Classroom Performance System (CPS) in the classroom to inspire and engage students. The Classroom Performance System (CPS) is an easy-to-use RF response system ("clickers") that obtains immediate feedback from every student.
- Streamline your grading. Your CPS results can be easily exported to Excel, Word, PDF, or the CPS Gradebook.
- Pass out a paper test and allow students to answer at their own pace. CPS' automated assessment feature lets students answer test questions at their own pace while keeping track of answers and grades behind the scenes.
- Provide a non-threatening environment allowing all students to participate - even the shy ones. eInstruction will also be able to answer various questions regarding costs, and the various methods of use that are available with their product.
More information on eInstruction is available at: http://einstruction.com or Interactive Educational Technologies http://www.interactiveeducationaltechnologies.com/
- Clickers $25.35 from UMSL Bookstore
- Activation $10 from eInstruction.com
-Activation from UMSL Bookstore $13.35
The activation fee will cover all classes the student would be enrolled in during the course of one semester.
A life time activation fee is available for $35, or $39 cap if the student spends $10 for activation for a few semesters.
There is no cost to individual instructors.
Instructors interested in using this technology for their courses should contact:
eInstruction will provide the instructor with 1 clicker, 1 CPS receiver, and the CPS software for either PC or MAC, and the ISBN codes to provide the UMSL Bookstore.
To register to attend the event visit: www.umsl.edu/training
Instructional Computing has the eInstruction CPS software installed on all Windows Instructor stations on campus.
Permanently placed CPSrf receivers are installed in the following Technology Enhanced Auditoriums on campus, which are Lucas 100, Lucas 200, Stadler 104, and Benton 102.
Instructors can plug in the USB receiver provided by eInstruction into any USB port on the Instructor station in order to use the technology in all other Instructional Computing Classrooms.
Contact Christopher Boyce 516-6882 with questions regarding using CPSrf in the Instructional Computing Classrooms.