About Instructional Support
Audio Visual Support
About AV Support
Contact AV Support
AV Request Form
Check For Availability
Daily Videoconferencing Schedule
Contact AV Support
TEC Request Form
Check Classroom Availability
Classroom Performance System-CPS
TEC Help Sheets
About Student Labs
Lab Resource Matrix
Current Lab Hours
Info for New Students
IC Software Request
Student Employee Information
Contact Instructional Support
Instructional Computing (IC) staff, in accordance with the following policy, regulates the use of Technology Enhanced Classrooms (TEC) and Lecture Halls on the campus of the University of Missouri at St. Louis:
- IC staff will lock and unlock all TEC classrooms before and after their scheduled use in accordance with policy.
- The Stickrooms will be opened before the first class and closed after their last scheduled use in accordance with policy.
- Only faculty and staff of UM-St. Louis may reserve an IC classroom for instructional use. A faculty or staff member from the requesting department must be present when these facilities are being used. Reservations can be made through our office by calling x6852.
- When placing a classroom reservation request faculty/staff should be prepared to provide the following information:
- Approximate number of students in the class.
- Operating system preference. (Macintosh OS X, or PC Windows 7 platform)
- Do the students need computers as well?
- Contact phone and/or email address.
- Type of software to be used. (To verify that the required software is available). To view a comprehensive list of software available on each platform, check our Windows Software listing or the Macintosh Software listing.
- Faculty/Staff may submit IC classroom requests online using the online request form. Request confirmation will be communicated via e-mail or phone.
- Students will not be allowed to use the TECs outside of normally scheduled class times. The media enhanced lecture halls or Stickrooms may be used by students to practice class assignments (e.g. PowerPoint demos)
- Groups from outside the UM-St. Louis campus may arrange to rent a TEC by contacting the Continuing Education Office of UM-St. Louis at 516-5958. Such groups will agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the UM-St. Louis campus while using the computer facilities and accept responsibility for damage by their negligence or misuse. Please visit http://www.umsl.edu/technology/policy/acceptable.html to view the policy in its entirety. Rental Rates for the various rooms are available at here.
- Deviations from the above policy must be approved by Ken Voss, Director of Computing Services, and will only be considered on a limited basis.
- Power Savings will be in effect during nonscheduled class times. Computers and projectors will power off automatically after normal business hours.
Rules & Regulations for TECs (IC Classrooms with student stations)
- Please, No Food or Drink inside the TECs
- For issues during class, users may call x6852 or go to SSB 103, for immediate assistance.
- The TECs, excluding Laptop rooms, will be unlocked 30 minutes prior to class time, or if the instructor comes early
- TECs, excluding Laptop rooms, may stand open if there is a break of an hour or less between classes. If there are any breaks longer than an hour, the room must be locked.
- Laptop classrooms will be unlocked approximately 15 minutes prior to class time and locked after class ends.
- Learning Studios will be unlocked 10 minutes before class and secured immediately after class. Instructional Computing staff or Faculty must be present at all times; these rooms may NOT be left unattended for any reason. If class should let out early, please notify Instructional Computing staff in SSB 103 or by calling x6852 so they may lock the room.
- If you will not be meeting during your normal scheduled time in any of the technology classrooms, please notify Instructional Computing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 516-6852 so that we can take proper action in securing the room.
- If a faculty/staff member reserves a TEC for students to practice on the equipment prior to a presentation, the faculty/staff member must be present at all times to supervise. The classrooms are not to be left unattended at any time. Media enhanced lecture halls and Stick rooms are the exceptions to this rule. Students needing to practice class presentations may use them without faculty or staff present.
- Additional equipment brought to the TECs must be pre-approved by Instructional Computing.
These policies are available in PDF format here.