iClickers are an interactive tool that can be used to promote student engagement during class, using a response system that provides immediate feedback to instructors and students.
i>Clickers can be included in class discussions, group activities and assignments. i>Clickers can be used to:
- enhance dialogue among students
- increase active learning
- promote higher order thinking skills
- build learning communities
- foster student engagement
- ensure that every student contributes in class
- measure student learning outcomes
How Do i>Clickers Work?
Using a handheld electronic device (clicker), students respond to questions posed by their instructor. The students’ answers are transmitted using infrared signals to a portable receiver which is mounted in the classroom. Each infrared signal is unique to that clicker and software is used to interpret individual responses. The responses are then stored and can be used in a variety of ways to promote student learning, reflection and class participation.
Benefits of i>Clickers include:
- integrates with Blackboard roster and GradeCenter
- challenges students to think on their feet
- improves learning in large-enrollment courses
- promotes peer discussion
- fosters creative classroom activities
Any faculty wishing to use clickers should contact our i>Clicker representative, Senior Technology Specialist Glen Garrett (email@example.com), to receive your instructor kit. The instructor kits will be shipped directly to those instructors wishing to use the system at no cost.
- a portable receiver
- an instructor clicker (blue)
- a student clicker (white)
Please allow 8-10 business days for delivery.
Make sure you have the latest version of iClicker for Windows or Mac
Download iClicker Software from "iClicker" under the "Using MyGateway and the WWW --a Resource for Instructors" page in MyGateway