What is “bITS”? bITS is an acronym for basic Information Technology Services. It reference the basic services Information Technology Services (ITS) provides to the campus community, including universal computer coverage for faculty and staff to ensure they have supportable and secure systems.Faculty and staff with a full-time equivalency (FTE) of 75% or higher are eligible to receive a phone and are eligible to receive a base desktop computer every four years; any cost above the base desktop computer is a one-time cost to the requestor.
With the implementation of bITS, ITS canceled previous billing models. Some benefits of bITS include:
- No annual billing for data ports
- No monthly or rate transfers for telephone service
- No more long distance billing, as long as costs are reasonable
- No installation or move fees for telephones or computers; out-of-pocket costs for a major relocation are billable
- Benefit-eligible faculty and staff receive a base desktop computer and phone
- Other computers centrally purchased through ITS that meet the campus standards will be supported at no additional cost for four years