Nancy Siteman Fellows' Fund
The Sue Shear Institute for Women in Public Life is pleased to again offer graduates of the 21st Century Leadership Academy an opportunity to apply for funding from the Nancy Siteman Fellows’ Fund, made possible by a generous gift from Nancy Siteman.
The purpose of the Fund is to provide a limited source of funding for Shear Fellows wishing to pursue public interest activities that may otherwise be prohibitive because of cost.
Examples of the kinds of activities supported by the Fund include:
- Living expenses for unpaid or nominally-paid public interest internships or fellowships;
- Travel expenses related to relocation for unpaid or nominally-paid public interest internships or fellowships;
- Travel expenses for professional development or leadership development programs related to public service;
Funds are not limited to the above examples; they simply give a sense of the types of requests that will be considered. Official documentation of the activity for which the funds are requested must be provided with the funding request.
The Fund will not provide funding for:
- Travel expenses for internships, fellowships or programs unrelated to public service;
- Living expenses for internships or fellowships unrelated to public service;
- Tuition, fees, room and board, books or expenses related to university coursework;
- Technology or equipment
All graduates of the 21st Century Leadership Academy are eligible to apply for funding. Requests up to $1,500 will be considered. All funds awarded must be spent by December 31 of the application year. A volunteer review committee will consider each application. Although we value each submission, not every applicant will receive funding. Partial funding may be awarded.
Applicants must complete both the online application form and corresponding documents. The Sue Shear Institute is no longer accepting applications for the 2013 Nancy Siteman Fellows' Fund.