The Greek Scholar of the Month Award was established to recognize students of the Greek Community that illustrate their continued support and active involvement within the campus life of the University of Missouri-Saint Louis. Nominated students serve as campus leaders, role models, and virtuous ambassadors of the values and ideology that is Greek Life. The leadership ability displayed by those nominated transcends their Greek Affiliation and ultimately enhances the collegiate experience of UMSL’s student body. Take this opportunity to recognize a worthy student.
Qualifications: To be eligible for the Greek Scholar of the Month Award, a student must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be an active member of a recognized Inter-fraternity Council (IFC), Panhellenic Council (PHC) member organization or member of an NPHC organization that is a student at the University of Missouri-Saint Louis
- Must be a full-time student at the University of Missouri-Saint Louis
- Have been a member of their respective organization for at least one semester
- Have a cumulative grade point average of (3.0) or greater at time of nomination
Additionally, one or more of the following descriptions must apply to those nominated:
- The individual has played an active role in enriching the collegiate experience of the general student body.
- The individual has displayed his or her commitment to excel academically.
- The individual has proactively had a role in enhancing the academic, leadership, professional, and life skill sets of the membership within his or her organization(s)
- The individual has shown improvement in academics, leadership and/or involvement at the University of Missouri-Saint Louis.
***University of Missouri-Saint Louis faculty, staff, and students are eligible to nominate students. However, nominations cannot be submitted by the candidate’s chapter advisor or chapter members.
When: Nominations are due on the 3rd Monday of every month. A total of six individuals will be selected as the Greek Scholar of the Month throughout the academic year; three per semester (September, October, November, February, March and April.)
Nomination Opportunities: Applications can be downloaded here, or found in the Office of Student Life, MSC 366.
Note: Submitted nominations are only considered for the current academic year.