Fraternity & Sorority Life at the University of Missouri – St. Louis seeks to encourage members to become contributing and productive members of the campus and community.
Our purpose is to cultivate scholastic excellence, develop leadership skills, and provide opportunities for community involvement and philanthropic pursuits while forging lifelong brotherhood and sisterhood.
Fraternity & Sorority Life is dedicated to continuously engaging and developing its undergraduate members to enhance the management and quality of the fraternity and sorority experience at the University of Missouri – St. Louis (UMSL). The UMSL Community Standards for Fraternity & Sorority Life Organizations is an agreement between the member chapters of the Panhellenic Association, Multi-Greek Council, and Interfraternity Council with their respective governing councils and the University. With the support of Fraternity & Sorority Life, these community standards will be implemented and documented by the chapters and governing councils.
These community standards were created to intentionally integrate the core principles of fraternity/sorority affiliation with the actions and behaviors of members to promote the overall advancement of UMSL’s undergraduate fraternity and sorority community. By outlining a clear, but comprehensive, set of standards for UMSL’s Fraternity & Sorority Life organizations, the groundwork has been created to achieve the following:
- to improve the management and quality of fraternities and sororities while also maintaining the development and shared expectations of members,
- provide a framework by which each chapter can evaluate and progress its contributions to the greater UMSL community,
- quantify and document chapter activities and successes, and
- create an assessment tool for the OGL to determine the recognition status of chapters.
The annual review of chapter performance (August - May) will be based on the following areas of the minimum standards:
- Scholarship/ Academic Achievement
- Membership Development & Education
- Risk Management & Legal Liability
- Leadership & Campus/Community Engagement
- Community Service & Philanthropy
- Chapter Management