Skip to main content

Chapter Housing


All of our campus-based fraternities and sororities have chapter houses near campus. The University acquired several properties in the along Natural Bridge Road to serve as additional residential communities for students. These properties include the chapter houses for Alpha Xi Delta, Zeta Tau Alpha, Sigma Pi, and Delta Zeta. The other properties, Sigma Tau Gamma and Pi Kappa Alpha, are not owned or run by the University but are occupied by the campus-recognized fraternities.

One exciting benefit of fraternity/sorority membership is the opportunity to live with your brothers and sisters and be close to campus. At UMSL, our IFC and Panhellenic fraternities and sororities have houses that are either owned by the University or owned by alumni in the area.

Each chapter has its own requirements for living in the chapter house, but if you are looking for a low-cost way to live close to campus and with your brothers and sisters, living in the chapter house is the way to go! Below is some information about the University-owned properties.

Fast facts:

  • Rent can range from $300 -$600 but often includes all utilities and cable/internet.
  • All of the houses have full kitchens to cook your own meals or have a family-style dinner with your housemates
  • All university-owned properties are regularly patrolled by the UMSL Police.
  • Chapter houses all have coin-operated washers and dryers and the basement making it easy to do your laundry while lounging at home.
  • The houses hold anywhere from 6-8 people at one time; this makes it a small atmosphere if you're looking to get away from a dormitory atmosphere but it also means there is no live-in requirement for any of the chapters.
  • All members in the chapter usually have some form of access to the house during day hours so there is always something going on in the common areas


Inter/National Organizations and Housing Corps

Each inter/national fraternity and sorority has a contract or housing agreement with the University of Missouri – St. Louis through Residential Life and Housing. Each agreement between inter/national organizations and the University varies slightly according to the needs of the organization. It is the responsibility of the Housing Corps and the local fraternity/sorority to fill the house each semester and ensure that all bills are up to date and paid to the University. 

Residential Life and Housing

Residential Life and Housing is responsible for helping the chapter maintain the Natural Bridge properties as outlined in this handbook. Residential Life and Housing is also responsible for ensuring that the House Access List is kept up to date according to the Monthly Report submitted to the Office of Student Life by each chapter.


Office of Student Involvement

The Office of Student Involvement oversees the fraternities and sororities and serves as a liaison among the chapters, Residential Life and Housing, and the inter/national organizations and Housing Corps. Student Involvement is also responsible for collecting Monthly Reports from each chapter that is reflective of the current house manager, chapter advisor, and Housing Corps Representative. This same report should also reflect the level of house access for each member to ensure a secure and safe house.

In an effort to support the Fraternity and Sorority Life community at UMSL, the University offers campus-owned housing for interested organizations. Residential Life and Housing, the Office of Student Involvement, and inter/national organizations continually work together to ensure a positive experience for house residents and chapter members.