What is Missouri Reverse Transfer?

Missouri Reverse Transfer allows college students who have completed credits toward an associate degree to receive that degree even if they have transferred to a four-year university. Students who are not currently attending college also may be eligible to receive an associate degree through the program. All public and many independent colleges and universities in the state are participating in the Missouri Reverse Transfer Program.

Missouri has moved forward with a statewide policy to help more Missourians earn degrees. For more detailed information on Missouri Reverse Transfer take a look at the& Missouri Department of Higher Education website.

The Missouri Reverse Transfer program works with the following two-year institutional partners:

Crowder College
East Central College
Jefferson College
Metropolitan Community College
Mineral Area College
Missouri State West Plains
Moberly Area Community College
North Central Missouri College
Ozarks Technical Community College
St. Charles Community College
St. Louis Community College
State Fair Community College
State Technical College of Missouri
Three Rivers Community College

What are the benefits?

An associate degree can open the door to more job opportunities and higher pay. Students can earn an associate degree while pursuing their bachelor’s degree. An associate degree can help students meet the general education requirements at a four-year college.</p

Are you eligible?

You must have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours at a single two-year institution to be eligible for a reverse transfer degree. Students are not eligible for the program if they've earned an associate degree or higher.

House Bill 1042

State Wide Reverse Transfer Agreement


To learn more about the Missouri Reverse Transfer Program from students who have already completed their degrees through this program, check out this video. Have more questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our Reverse Transfer Coordinator:

Stephen Chen
Student Support Specialist



Want more information? Fill out this request form.

Want to opt-in to MRT? Use this online form.