HONORARY DEGREE NOMINATIONS
The Honorary Awards Committee at the University of Missouri–St. Louis is soliciting nominations for honorary degrees. Honorary degrees are awarded at UMSL commencement ceremonies.
Honorary degree criteria, from the University of Missouri System Collected Rules and Regulations, are:
- Persons who have rendered distinctive service to the university.
- Persons who have rendered distinctive service to the state.
- Graduates or former students who have achieved distinction.
- A person of high distinction, from this country or abroad, who are not necessarily associated with the university or the state.
- As a general policy, honorary degrees shall not be awarded to active members of the university faculty or staff, retired faculty members for career distinction achieved at the University of Missouri or political officials unless retired from political life.
The committee meets quarterly to consider nominations. These meetings are held in Woods Hall 411 at 2pm on the following dates
- March 9th nominations due March 2nd
- June 8th nominations due June 1st
- September 7th nominations due August 31st
- December 7th nomincations due November 30th
To make a nomination, download, print and complete a nomination form. (PDF 5KB)
Return completed forms to:
Office of University Events
60 J.C. Penney Building/Conference Center
University of Missouri-St. Louis
1 University Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63121
For questions contact Amanda Wilens, University Events 314-516-4898