HONORARY DEGREE NOMINATIONS
The Honorary Awards Committee at the University of Missouri–St. Louis is soliciting nominations for honorary degrees. Honorary degrees are awarded at UMSL commencement ceremonies.
Honorary degree criteria, from the University of Missouri System Collected Rules and Regulations, are:
- Persons who have rendered distinctive service to the university.
- Persons who have rendered distinctive service to the state.
- Graduates or former students who have achieved distinction.
- A person of high distinction, from this country or abroad, who are not necessarily associated with the university or the state.
- As a general policy, honorary degrees shall not be awarded to active members of the university faculty or staff, retired faculty members for career distinction achieved at the University of Missouri or political officials unless retired from political life.
For the complete list of University of Missouri System Collected Rules and Regulations regarding Honorary Degrees, click here.
The committee meets quarterly to consider nominations. Nominations are due on the following dates:
- June 1st (meeting to be held June 8th)
- August 31st (meeting to be held September 7th)
- November 30th (meeting to be held December 7th)
To make a nomination, download, print and complete a nomination form. Please include supplimentary documentation such as
Return completed forms to:
Office of University Events
60 J.C. Penney Building/Conference Center
University of Missouri-St. Louis
1 University Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63121
For questions contact Amanda Wilens, University Events 314-516-4898