Nominations/ElectionsChairs: Jason Bornhop
Members: Terry Alaniz, Betsy Sampson, Dan Tracy
The Nominations/Elections Committee shall consist of at least three (3) members. The duties of the Nominations/Elections Committee are defined in article VIII, Nominations/Elections of the By–Laws.
ARTICLE VIII – NOMINATIONS/ELECTIONS
OF SELECTION OF NOMINATIONS/ELECTIONS COMMITTEE
The chairperson of the Nominations/Elections Committee shall select a representative cross section of at least three (3) members of the membership to serve on the Nominations/Elections Committee and submit to the Staff Council for approval at the regular February meeting.
B. DUTIES OF THE NOMINATIONS/ELECTIONS COMMITTEE
The Nominations/Elections Committee shall solicit nominations for officers and unit representatives, and shall conduct elections for these offices.
C. TIME AND METHOD OF NOMINATIONS
Nominations shall be solicited in April from the membership of the Staff Association, for all offices to be filled. The Committee must obtain permission from each nominee before that person’s name can appear on the ballot. If nominated for more than one position, the staff member must choose one of the positions. No staff member shall run for more than one position in the same election.
D. TIME AND METHODS OF ELECTIONS
The Nominations/Elections Committee shall determine the procedures for elections subject to the approval of the Staff Council:
- The Nominations/Elections Committee shall conduct elections by ballot in May.
- Officers shall be elected by the general membership of the Staff Association. The vote necessary to elect officers shall be a plurality of votes cast. Officers shall be elected to a (one) 1 year term.
- Members of their respective units shall elect their Unit Representatives. The vote necessary to elect unit representatives shall be a plurality of votes cast. Unit Representatives shall be elected to a 2 (two) year term.
- Representatives to University Assembly and University Assembly Committees shall be elected by the general membership of the Staff Association. The vote necessary to elect representatives to University Assembly and University Assembly Committees shall be a plurality of votes cast for each committee representative. Representatives to University Assembly and Assembly Committees shall be elected to a 1 (one) year term.
- The Nominations/Elections Committee shall keep the roster of all candidates and numbers of votes cast for each.