Residential Life and Housing
- Arrange a specific appointment (during the week of finals) with your RA to finalize your checkout from the room.
- Your RA will have a sign-up for checkout on their door.
- If your RA is unavailable, contact another RA or the Hall Director, Arron Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 314-516-4774.
- Clean your room and the furniture, including the micro-fridge and bathrooms. The room is to be returned to its original condition.
- Cleaning includes sweeping the floor, dusting the desk and dresser, defrosting the micro-fridge and removing room trash to the dumpster.
- Return room furnishings to original positions.
- If you rented a loft, schedule a time to return your loft to RHA.
- If you have questions, see a member of the RHA Executive Board.
- Remove all your personal belongings from the room. If personal items are left behind there could be a disposal fee assessed.
- Make a final trip to your Oak or Villa mailbox.
- Meet up with your RA doing the checkout.
- Complete the checkout portion of the Room Condition Report and return your keys to the RA.
- Residents are to sign and date the room condition report at checkout.
- Residents are responsible for any room damages listed at checkout that are not listed at the time of check-in.
- Review room damages with your RA and complete a mail-forwarding form. Leave your forwarding address and keys with the RA who checks you out.
- All checkouts (for semester and nine-month contracts) are to be completed by Friday, May 17th at 12 PM (noon).
- Please contact the central office for your summer housing arrangements if needed.
- Those residents participating in commencement or international students with late departing flights may extend their checkout time through the following Sunday. To be granted an extension, you must stop by the main office and speak to the Assistant Director or Hall Director.
- Any resident who does not schedule a checkout with their RA or with the main office will incur a $150 improper checkout fine. Any damages, unreturned keys, etc. will be billed to your student account.
If you would like to avoid moving out of Oak Hall, you can look into summer housing. If you have any questions about your checkout, billing or damages charges, please do not hesitate to stop by or call the main office at 314-516-6877.