Natural Bridge Homes
Villa Hall North
Living and Learning Communities
Living on Campus
Health and Safety Concerns
Moving In or Out
Contract Renewal Process for Fall
Benefits of Living On Campus
Resources for Parents
Maintenance and Custodial Services
Maintenance and Facilities Staff
Submit a Maintenance Request
Mission and History
Central Office Staff
Oak Hall and Villa Hall Residential Advisors and Peer Mentors
Oak Hall Front Desk Staff
Mansion Hill Staff
Auxiliary Staff Members
Conference and Event Services
Housing assignments will be available through MyHousing. Once housing assignments are made in our system, student accounts are automatically billed for the full room and board charge. Financial Aid then makes a disbursement up to 10 days prior to the start of class.
Move-In Dates for Fall 2015
- Freshmen & New Residents: Friday, August 21st 2015 from 9 am to 6pm
- Returning Residents: Saturday August 22nd 2015 from 9am to 6pm
- If neither of these days work for you, please email Jackie Warren, Residential Education Coordinator, at email@example.com to figure out an accommodation.
- After Hours: if you can't make it between the above times, just text your cell phone number to the Resident Advisor (RA) on call at 314-250-9505 or stop by the Oak Hall front desk.
- To move into any of the residential halls, you MUST have appropriate immunization documents on record with UMSL Health Wellness and Counseling (especially the meningococcal vaccination).
Before You Can Move In
You will need to complete prior to arrival:
To complete the electronic check in "e-check in" process follow these directions:
1) Log into www.myview.umsl.edu with your SSO ID and password
2) Click on "Self Service" on the left navigation bar
3)Click on "Residential Life"
4)Click on "My Check In Verification" to complete the e-check in process. If it will not allow you to complete the e-check in process this means you are missing some important information. Please call 314-516-7834 with any questions or issues you might have.
5) This is also where the student can view their room assignment, roommates names, meal plan selections, and much more.
Submit or bring the appropriate forms. Call Health Services at 314-516-5671 to obtain the Meningococcal Vaccination.
Have your student ID at check-in. New UMSL students should have their ID card made several days prior to check-in to ensure the reader system accepts their new card.
Plan ahead and check out what you can and cannot bring to the halls.
We have a limited amount of bedlofts available for rent. These lofts are available on a first-come basis, so we suggest you take that into consideration when planning your arrival time to move in.
Procedure for Check-In on Move-In Day 2015
- All check-ins begin in Oak Hall. Leave your luggage, etc. in the car but bring your paperwork and student ID.
- Lot KK allows 20 minutes for loading and unloading only.
- Behind Oak Hall is fine, though double parking is prohibited.
- Check-in with the front desk, and speak to a staff member to make sure all of your paperwork is in order.
- Sign for your room keys.
- Have your student ID encoded for your room and building.
- Pick up your welcome folder, sign up for your loft, etc.
- Head to your new room and meet your RA
- Complete a room inventory, sign it and return it to your RA.
- Move in and have fun!!
Temporary housing may be available for international students and exchange students who are arriving to St. Louis earlier than the move in date. Residential Life and Housing cannot guarantee your room will be available. All students arriving early must fill out a temporary housing request form. All students arriving early will pay a $25/night temporary housing fee for the extra days. If you are arriving early you must arrange your own transportation from the airport to campus.