Move-In Instructions for the Fall
Housing assignments will be available through MyHousing. Once housing assignments are made in our system, student accounts are automatically billed for the full room and board charge. Financial Aid then makes a disbursement up to 10 days prior to the start of class.
Move-In Dates for Fall 2013
- Freshmen & New Residents: Wednesday August 14th 2013 from 9 am to 6pm
- Returning Residents: Thursday August 15th 2013 from 9am to 6pm
- If neither of these days work for you, an additional move in day is available on Friday August 17th from noon to 5pm
- After Hours: if you can't make it between the above times, just text your cell phone number to the Resident Advisor (RA) on call at 314-245-1455 or stop by the Oak Hall front desk.
Before You Can Move In
You will need to complete prior to arrival:
To complete the electronic check in "e-check in" process follow these directions:
1) Log into www.myview.umsl.edu
with your SSO ID and password
2) Click on "Self Service" on the left navigation bar
3)Click on "Residential Life"
4)Click on "My Check In Verification" to complete the e-check in process. If it will not allow you to complete the e-check in process this means you are missing some important information. Please call 314-516-4389 with any questions or issues you might have.
5) This is also where the student can view their room assignment, roommates names, meal plan selections, and much more.
Submit or bring the appropriate forms. Call Health Services at 314-516-5671 to obtain the Meningococcal Vaccination.
Have your student ID at check-in. New UMSL students should have their ID card made several days prior to check-in to ensure the reader system accepts their new card.
Plan ahead and check out what you can and cannot bring to the halls.
If you need a bedloft, check out more information and order ahead of time. To reserve a bedloft please mention this when you are checking in at your designated move in date.
Procedure for Check-In on Move-In Day 2013
- All check-ins begin in Oak Hall. Leave your luggage, etc. in the car but bring your paperwork and student ID.
- Lot KK allows 20 minutes for loading and unloading only.
- Behind Oak Hall is fine, though double parking is prohibited.
- Check-in with the front desk, and speak to a staff member to make sure all of your paperwork is in order.
- Sign for your room keys.
- Have your student ID encoded for your room and building.
- Pick up your welcome folder, sign up for your loft, etc.
- Head to your new room and meet your RA
- Complete a room inventory, sign it and return it to your RA.
- Move in and have fun!!
Temporary housing may be available for international students and exchange students who are arriving to St. Louis earlier than the move in date. Residential Life and Housing cannot guarantee your room will be available. All students arriving early must fill out a temporary housing request form. All students arriving early will pay a $25/night temporary housing fee for the extra days. If you are arriving early you must arrange your own transportation from the airport to campus.