How to Surplus Cubicle Systems
Surplus Property has recently been successful in selling used Office Cubicles. In past years these items have been sent to Surplus and did not sell at our monthly auctions. Departments then have to bring them to the City Landfill or they go into our dumpster for an additional fee.
We have found that selling Cubicle Systems on GovDeals brings in Revenue to departments instead of having a cost incurred for disposal. The following steps have proven to be most successful in selling Office cubicles.
- Do not take the Cubicles apart. Complete assembled Office Cubicles sell while comparable Cubicles that have been dismantled do not sell. Why? Potential Buyers of Cubicles want to see how they go together, that they are complete, and not overly stained or ripped.
- Contact George Brooks at email@example.com to schedule a time to photograph and take dimensions of Cubicle Systems. If you are in a rush I can usually take photos and post within 2 days. An on-line auction can be as short as 3 days, although 7 days give better exposure.
- Pick a date and time to post for Buyers to dismantle and remove Office Cubicles. This saves departments labor costs and the Buyer is then sure they are receiving all components. A disclaimer is posted on the on-line listing.
- "I (We) agree that by purchasing this equipment/furniture that I (we) assume the risk of dismantling the equipment/furniture and on behalf of myself, my assigns, executors, and heirs, agree to release and hold harmless the Curators of the University of Missouri and their trustees, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, damage, or claim of any nature whatsoever arising out of the dismantling and removal process."
- The department must arrange with Construction services to unwire, if needed, any Cubicles that are hard-wired to the building. This must be finished before the buyer Pick-up date.
- Surplus Property will collect money and bring the Buyer to your department for pick-up of Cubicles. Departments retain 75% of Cubicle sales on-line. Bidders are asked to bring tools and moving equipment to pickup Cubicles. Availability of loading Docks and Elevators, or lack thereof, is also posted on the on-line listing.
- Single Partitions and miscellaneous components should be listed and sold with complete systems; Surplus may need to charge a disposal fee for the cost of our dumpster if they come to us. We'd rather the on-line buyer take any additional, incomplete pieces.
- Metal overhead bins may, at no charge, come to Surplus and will be sold in our Scrap Metal bin.