- What is Surplus Property?
- Where is Surplus Property Located?
- Who can Purchase from Surplus?
- Surplus Property Procedures
- How to Surplus Cubicle Systems
- Disbursement of Funds
- BPM-308 Resale, Sale of Disposal Surplus Property
Surplus Disposal Software
- Training (Guides on using Software)
- Surplus Disposal/Re-Use Software
Our one UMSL Surplus employee works on campus at multiple locations each day; therefore our warehous is not staffed full-time.
- If you are a UMSL employee and would like to view items for your department please email email@example.com and he will schedule a time to be here.
- If you are wanting to purchase items for your personal use please use a web browser for viewing our items at our auction or our items on GovDeals.
If you have purchased an item on GovDeals you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pickup date.
- UM Form 58: Property Inventory and Change Report - (if trying to surplus items, use surplus disposal software.)
- UM Form48: Internal Order Form
- UM Form31: Electronic Storage Devices Residual Data Disposal Certificate & Instructions
(Send all forms to email@example.com)
Surplus Property is a part of the Procurement Services Department that is responsible for the disposal, re-distribution, and/or sale of used equipment/property that the University of Missouri and other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions no longer use. The sale of this equipment is handled through public auctions, sales, or online. A Disposal Request through our software must be completed and approved before items can be picked up.
The UMSL Surplus Property Warehouse is located at South Campus Boiler Room Garage Lot YY. This location is where all surplus property is stored after it is picked up from campus departments. Public sales of surplus property are held at this location. Our one UMSL Surplus employee works on campus at multiple locations each day; therefore the Warehouse is not staffed full-time. Viewing of surplus items is available to departments by appointments only and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All University of Missouri property and equipment at the Surplus Property warehouse is available to other University of Missouri departments at reasonable prices, and may be purchased up to 12:00pm on the Friday prior to sales. Departments wishing to purchase items from the Surplus Property warehouse or from a Surplus Property public auction/sale, should complete the University of Missouri Internal Order Form(UM48). Surplused property and equipment from other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions can only be purchased at public auctions / sales. On-line bidding is now available. Be sure to sign up!
All live auctions are held once a month on Wednesdays and start promptly at 10:00am at the University of Missouri-Columbia Surplus Property Warehouse and are also online. Be sure to register several days in advance to be able to bid online.
|March 19 2014|
|April 23, 2014|
|May 14, 2014|
|June 11, 2014|
|July 16, 2014|
|August 20, 2014|
|September 17, 2014|
|October 15, 2014|
|November 12, 2014|
|December 17, 2014|
|*Note: Dates are subject to change|
Public sales of surplus property are held approximately every 2 weeks.
Direct any questions about public sales or surplus property disposal to:
- George Brooks