Office of Research Administration
About the Office
Technology Transfer and Economic Development (TTED) is a function of the ORA and serves as the focal point for technology commercialization, entrepreneurship and economic development for UMSL. Our mission is to grow Missouri's economy by advancing technology commercialization, encouraging entrepreneurship and promoting business opportunities.
We work to identify commercializable technology resulting from research performed at UMSL; legally protect intellectual property, seek income for the University and UMSL inventors, enhance industrial relations and support regional economic development to benefit the public.
Location: 341 Woods Hall, 1 University Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63121
Join the UMSL Technology Transfer Marketplace
- Receive invention disclosure forms and evaluate the inventions for novelty, utility and commercial relevance
- Manage the intellectual property, reporting and compliance obligations of federal, state and industrial sponsored research contracts on all inventions created by faculty
- Seek intellectual property protection, identify potential licensees and negotiate a variety of intellectual property related agreements for commercially viable technologies
- Review IP language in grant contracts
- Negotiate and administer sponsored research agreements with industry; all Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), also called confidentiality agreements, related to research; all Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs); and all research-related fee-for-service agreements
- Administer the UMSL Chapter of the National Academy of Inventors (NAI)