The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity:
- Promotes equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the university community;
- Provides information and assistance to faculty, staff, students, and others who believe they have experienced discrimination or retaliation;
- Conducts Professional Development workshops to educate the campus community on equal opportunity laws and issues and cultural competency;
- Coordinates programs to celebrate and promote understanding and respect for cultural diversity and equal opportunity;
- Implements and monitors academic search procedures;
- Prepares and implements the campus affirmative action program;
- Provides consultative services to campus administrators, faculty, staff, students and others concerning equal opportunity and diversity;
- Serves as the campus liaison with equal opportunity regulatory agencies;
- Coordinates Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance;
- Coordinate Title IX compliance.
The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (OEOD) supports the teaching, research and service missions of the University of Missouri-St. Louis by providing services to the campus community which will ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws and regulations and promote campus diversity.