The University of Missouri-St. Louis is committed to an inclusive campus community that values and respects all its members and achieves educational excellence through diversity.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) supports the teaching, research and service missions of the University of Missouri-St. Louis by providing services to the campus community which will ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws and regulations and promote campus diversity.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion:
- Promotes equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the university community;
- Provides information and assistance to faculty, staff, students, and others who believe they have experienced discrimination or retaliation;
- Conducts Professional Development workshops to educate the campus community on equal opportunity laws and issues and cultural competency;
- Coordinates programs to celebrate and promote understanding and respect for cultural diversity and equal opportunity;
- Implements and monitors academic search procedures;
- Prepares and implements the campus affirmative action program;
- Provides consultative services to campus administrators, faculty, staff, students and others concerning equal opportunity and diversity;
- Serves as the campus liaison with equal opportunity regulatory agencies; and
- Coordinates Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
We strive to promote a campus community where all individuals:
Can pursue their employment, educational, and service goals without bias based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or status as a Vietnam era veteran, and have an opportunity to increase their understanding and develop a deeper respect and appreciation for diversity in our society.