Ask A Librarian
Ask A Librarian
Cite Your Sources
I Need To ...
Using My Library Account
My Library Account
STL Area Libraries
By Subject & Type
Locate Journal Titles
Locate eBooks/Online Books
Recommended Web Sites
MERLIN / MOBIUS
Connecting to Library Resources
About the Libraries
Where is ...?
Location, Directions & Maps
Giving to the University Libraries
Gifts to the Libraries
Circulation and Access
MERLIN & MOBIUS
Library Instruction Room
Finding Aids by Department or Campus Unit
St. Louis Mercantile Library
State Historical Society
The UMSL Libraries have purchased and subscribed to a number of eBooks for faculty, staff and students. These eBooks are restricted to UMSL users.
- Most of our eBooks are available to multiple simultaneous users; others are only available to one user at a time.
- There are two ways of reading eBooks:
- Read them online. This requires a connection to the Internet. All eBooks can be read this way.
- Read them offline by downloading them. Many, but not all, of our eBooks can be downloaded. Additional software and configuration is required.
- Downloading help:
- Some eBooks allow a limited number of pages to be saved, printed or emailed, per individual publisher-specified limits.
- Printing/Saving/Emailing help: EBSCO
- Ways to find eBooks:
- eBooks at other schools (sometimes visible in the MERLIN or MOBIUS catalogs) are only available to the users at that school.
- There is a MOBIUS collection of EBSCO eBooks that UMSL users can access ("MOBIUS eMO Collection"). However, it is usually easier to access them through the UMSL catalog or Summon.