Ask A Librarian
Ask A Librarian
Cite Your Sources
I Need To ...
Using My Library Account
My Library Account
STL Area Libraries
By Subject & Type
Locate Journal Titles
Locate eBooks/Online Books
Recommended Web Sites
MERLIN / MOBIUS
Reserve a Study Room
Connecting to Library Resources
About the Libraries
Where is ...?
Giving to the University Libraries
Frequently Asked Questions: Ward E. Barnes Library Closure
Gifts to the Libraries
MERLIN & MOBIUS
Library Instruction Room
Finding Aids by Department or Campus Unit
St. Louis Mercantile Library
State Historical Society
To find a book you will need to search the Library Catalog.
- If you know the title of the book, you should do an Exact Title search.
- If you know the author of the book, you should do an Author search.
- If you are looking for a book on a particular topic, you should perform a Keyword search or a Subjects(Library of Congress) search.
- Location - The Location code corresponds to the building and floor where a book is shelved. Either click on the hyperlinked code for a location guide or use the guides posted around the library or at the Reference desk. (Campus maps)
TJ = Thomas Jefferson (North Campus)
BARNES = Ward E. Barnes (South Campus).
- Call # - once you know the building and floor where the book is located, you will need to have the call number of the book.
- Status - Check to see the current status of the item. If the item is available, this section will display "NOT CHECKED OUT". If the item is checked out, it will display "DUE:" with the due date.
|UMS TJ LEVEL 4||QA303 .G89||NOT CHECKD OUT|
|STATE HISTORICAL SOCIETY - ST. LOUIS||Second Floor|
|UMSL MERC ... JWB RRL
UMSL MERC ... WTR WYS
|UMSL TJ LEVEL 1||First Floor|
|UMSL TJ LEVEL 4||Fourth Floor|
|UMSL TJ REF||Third Floor (behind the computer lab)|
|UMSL TJ REF DESK||Third Floor - Reference Desk|
|UMSL TJ RESERVE||Third Floor - Circulation Desk|
|UMSL TJ MICRO
UMSL TJ PER
UMSL TJ CP/M
|UMSL TJ COM1 or COM2
UMSL TJ GOV DOCS or UMSL MERC
|Ask at the Reference Desk|
|UMSL TJ ITE or UMSL DEPOSITORY||Remote Storage: Ask at the Reference Desk|
If you have any questions, please ask at the Reference Desk or Ask A Librarian.