- In-Person: Stop by the Reference Desk in the Thomas Jefferson Library. No appointment is necessary, but you may have to wait if the librarian is already working with another patron.
- Telephone: If the librarian at the desk is available, they will assist you via phone. If there is no answer, please try again when the librarian is not engaged.
Thomas Jefferson Library: 314-516-5060
- Chat: The Reference Librarians.at the desk will assist you if they are not helping other patrons. Please note that chat may not be suitable for more complex research topics and we may ask you to come in, or supply an email for follow-up.
- Email: Best for short answers, you can send an email to us using this form.
- In-Depth: If you need more extensive information, set up an in-depth Research Consultation. You can make an appointment to meet with one of the librarians in person, consult via e-mail, or consult using online chat (at a pre-arranged time).
- Videos & Tutorials
Peer reviewed articles, using the Library's web pages, finding full-text articles, searching the Library Catalog, searching Library databases & more.
- Library Research Guides
50+ online research guides organized by academic disciplines & various research topics.