Ask A Librarian
Ask A Librarian
Cite Your Sources
I Need To ...
Using My Library Account
My Library Account
STL Area Libraries
By Subject & Type
Locate Journal Titles
Locate Online Books
Recommended Web Sites
MERLIN / MOBIUS
Reserve a Study Room
Connecting to Library Resources
About the Libraries
Where is ...?
Giving to the University Libraries
Frequently Asked Questions: Ward E. Barnes Library Closure
Gifts to the Libraries
MERLIN & MOBIUS
Library Instruction Room
Finding Aids by Department or Campus Unit
St. Louis Mercantile Library
State Historical Society
Revised January 2013
- Study rooms are available 30 minutes after the library opens and closes 30 minutes before the library’s posted closing time.
- A valid UM-St. Louis I.D. card required. *
- Keys are checked out at the Current Periodicals Service Desk (Thomas Jefferson Library 5th level)
- Study rooms may be reserved for 1 continuous 2-hour period per day at the Library homepage; otherwise they are on a first-come first- served basis.
- Music is allowed with headphones only.
- 11 study rooms available: 1 video room (1 person); 6 small study rooms (1-3 persons); 2 medium study rooms (4-6 persons); 2 large study rooms (7-10 persons).
* The person whose I.D. is exchanged for the room key will be held responsible for the key and the condition of the study room. They are required to stay for the duration of the use. Study room keys are not to leave the building. If a member of a group needs to leave the building for a period of time, group members are responsible for exchanging the I.D. with the service desk to reflect current occupancy. Lost and/or damaged keys or study/video rooms will be charged to the person responsible for the room.