The Libraries at UMSL are pleased to make available a new service for UMSL faculty, staff, and students: MOspace.
MOspace is the digital institutional repository of the University of Missouri System, and is a joint initiative of the University Libraries, the Office of Library Systems, and the Division of Information Technology. MOspace is designed to offer a permanent online venue for the intellectual output of those connected with the University of Missouri.
MOspace allows the Libraries to preserve and provide open access to items in a more permanent way than posting to a website. The Libraries are committed to this ongoing effort as part of the next generation of library collections.
MOspace is indexed by, and searchable via, Google and other search engines. Placing your material on MOspace can increase the visibility of your work and make it more accessible to a wider community.
Submitting material to MOspace grants the University permission to make it available via MOspace, but the author/creator retains copyright in all cases. For items not commercially published, author permission is all that is needed to allow the Libraries to add it to MOspace. An author could also publish a MOspace item elsewhere, providing that the publisher allows this. (See the MOspace web site https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui or ask for additional information).
Faculty, staff, students, and other individuals or entities affiliated or associated with the University of Missouri can submit items. Works with co-authors who are not affiliated with the University are acceptable if all parties consent to the terms. Faculty submitting material authored by students need to obtain the student's permission in advance.
Most, but not all items can be added to MOspace. If you have items you would like to submit, please email them to your Library Selector as listed below. Each submission requires an author, title, abstract and suggested keywords. Other information such as when & where an item was presented, etc. will be helpful if you have it. We will contact you if we discover a problem with storage requirements, copyright, etc. PDF files are preferred for documents when possible.
MOspace is intended to contain a variety of content types, including, but not limited to the following:
- Working papers and technical reports
- Conference papers, presentations and proceedings
- Organizational annual reports and newsletters
- Creative works
- Data sets
- Digital art
- Committee and task force reports
- Undergraduate research papers
- Journals published on the campus
- Course materials and learning objects
- Published and unpublished papers, articles, chapters and books
- Audio and visual materials
[It is preferable, whenever possible, to use final versions of documents.]
Works submitted are distributed under the following license:
This work is protected by a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License. The full legal code of this license is available at: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/legalcode
You are free to share -- to copy, distribute and transmit the work under the following conditions:
- Attribution -- You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial -- You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works -- You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver -- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain -- Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights -- In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations; The author's moral rights; Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice -- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
To see examples of what has already been placed in MOspace by the Columbia, Rolla and Kansas City campuses, we encourage you to browse MOspace at https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui.
Questions? A list of additional links is shown below. To submit items, please send them to your department's library liaison listed below. If you need additional information, please contact your library liaison. You can also contact Tim Nelson (email@example.com, ext. 5080) or Sean Visintainer (firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 7244).
More information about MOspace, its purpose, and how it is designed:
More information on copyright issues, open-access, and licenses:
Creative Commons http://creativecommons.org/
Library Department Contacts
Department / Field, Library Department Contact Person