Ask A Librarian
Ask A Librarian
Cite Your Sources
I Need To ...
Using My Library Account
My Library Account
STL Area Libraries
By Subject & Type
Locate Journal Titles
Locate eBooks/Online Books
Recommended Web Sites
MERLIN / MOBIUS
Reserve a Study Room
Connecting to Library Resources
About the Libraries
Where is ...?
Giving to the University Libraries
Gifts to the Libraries
MERLIN & MOBIUS
Library Instruction Room
Finding Aids by Department or Campus Unit
St. Louis Mercantile Library
State Historical Society
Here are some pointers to get you started:
- When you enter the Thomas Jefferson Library, you are on Level 3.
- The Circulation (checkout & return books, reserve items and laptops) and Reference (information, questions, research help) Desks are located in the main lobby.
- The LRC computer lab is located towards the rear of Level 3. Stop by the lab consultant's desk, located behind the spiral stairway, for help with headphones, printer and software issues.
- Journals: Most journals are on Level 5. Older journals (from both Barnes and Thomas Jefferson) may have moved to storage, but can easily be recalled to the library.
- Juvenile Literature and K-12 Textbooks are on Level 5.
- New resources available to you in Thomas Jefferson include:
- Café TJ (lobby)
- Laptops (Circulation Desk)
- Study rooms (Keys are available at the desk on Level 5. Same-day reservations can be made here.)
- Silent study floor (Level 4) and Quiet study floors (Levels 1 and 2).
- Two scanners are available, one on Level 3 and the other on Level 5. The photocopier is on Level 3.
- Restrooms are located on each floor. On levels 3, 4, and 5 they are located along the front (south) wall of the library. For restrooms on levels 1 and 2, please see the floor plans.
- You can easily reach the Thomas Jefferson Library using the Campus Shuttle (get off at the Main Circle). For more information on alternatives: Library Locations, Campus Shuttle, Parking and Transportation.
- The book drop outside the former Ward E. Barnes Library (near Parking Lot XX) will remain for now, so you can more easily return items.
- Additional information on the library building and services can be found on the Where Is..., About the Libraries, Library Services, and Services for Patrons with Disabilities pages.
If you can't find something, have questions, or need more information, please ask at any service desk, or Ask A Librarian.