Each month, the Human Resources Department recognizes an outstanding employee who excels in a particular area (the month's theme) as the Triton Star Employee of the Month.
Winners are selected by a broadly representative, interdivisional committee which bases its decisions on specified criteria which vary from month to month depending on the theme for that month. Here are the current themes for each month:
- August: Positive Attitude
- September: Excellent Teamwork
- October: Effective Leadership
- November: Outstanding Customer Service
- December: Loyalty and Commitment
- January: Works Well Under Pressure
- February: Performance Versatility
- March: Good Work Ethic
- April: Marvelous Motivator
- May: Innovation and Creativity
- June: Superb Communicator
- July: VIP (Versatile, Innovative, Productive)
- Automatic nomination for the annual Chancellor's Award for Staff Excellence
- Recognition plaque
- $125 gift certificate (selected by the winner)
- Be non-academic, benefit-eligible employees employed with UMSL for at least one year.
- Be in a staff position at a level of "Director" or below.
- Have no disciplinary actions within the last two years.
- Have "meets" or "exceeds expectations" ratings or equivalent on their most recent performance appraisals. He or she must be an employee in good standing who is especially outstanding in the current month's theme.
- Not have won an Empoyee of the Month or Chancellor's Excellence Award within the past three years.
Supervisors may NOT nominate subordinates and subordinates may NOT nominate supervisors to prevent the perception of favoritism. Self-nominations are not accepted. Your nomination information is kept confidential. If your nominee is selected, information you provided may be used without attribution. All materials related to specific nominations for those not selected will be destroyed within 30 days after the recognition program.
To nominate an employee for this month's theme, click here for the current nomination form and follow the instructions provided. The form describes this month's criteria and the nomination process in detail. Please be sure to note the deadline on the form!
Thank you for participating and supporting this program and for helping to recognize our hard-working, dedicated employees!