What we see
After Hours Info
Info to Know
Forms and Policies
Late Cancel/ No Show Policy
Class Excuse Policy
Tuberculosis Screening & Testing
TB screening is mandatory if you fall in one of the following high-risk categories:
- From or lived for two months or longer in Asia, Africa, Central America, South America or Eastern Europe
- You are a health care worker
- You are a volunteer or employee of a nursing home, prison or other residential institution
- You have had recent contact with an active TB case
If any of the above apply, the following is required:
- Tuberculin skin testing (TST) may be medically indicated.
- Call the Student Health Center at (314) 516-5671 to schedule an appointment for screening.
*Note: A TB screening requires two appointments – one to place the TB test, and the second one 48-72 hours later to read the test.
- Prior TB screening
- In some cases, we may be able to accept documentation of prior TB screening (Mantoux skin test read in millimeters of induration) that has been completed within the past 12 months and must be done in the United States.
- Chest X-ray
- Required for anyone with a current or past positive skin test.
- A negative chest x-ray is not a substitute for a skin test.
- If you have been treated for TB infection or disease, please provide us with the documentation.