About Missouri Writing Projects Network
About National Writing Project
About the Gateway Writing Project
Graduate Certificate in the Teaching of Writing
Writing to Support the Common Core
School-based In-service Programs
GWP Teacher Consultant Opportunities
Teachers as Writers
Advanced Summer Institute
Youth Writing Festival
- Each MWPN site identifies and selects master teachers of writing from all levels of instruction in its geographical area.
- Each MWPN site brings these master teachers together on its campus for intensive Summer Institutes.
All MWPN sites base their programs on the following National Writing Project Assumptions:
- Writing is pivotal to learning, to academic achievement, and to job success.
- Writing instruction begins in kindergarten and continues through university.
- Universities and schools in collaboration provide powerful programs for teachers.
- Effective teachers make the best teachers of other teachers.
- Teachers are the key to reform in education.
- Professional development begins when teachers enter teaching and continues throughout their careers.
- Writing is fundamental to learning all subjects.
Real change in classroom practice happens over time.