Apply for a Scholarship
The University of Missouri – St. Louis offers several scholarships for which students are considered automatically when they are admitted to UMSL. Other scholarships require students to submit an application, which you can do so further down on this page.
If you are a new student and have not yet applied for admission, be sure to do so as soon as possible. You will not be considered for scholarships unless you have been admitted to the University. If you are a new freshman and wish to pursue a major in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, be sure to check out The Opportunity Scholars Program.
All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the only method by which we determine financial need. You must submit a valid FAFSA to be considered for any scholarships which require financial need. Students who do not submit FAFSAs can still be considered for scholarships which do not require financial need.
If you choose not to complete the FAFSA, you are encouraged to provide proof of your legal status. Missouri law (HB 390) requires students to be lawfully present in the U.S. to receive state or institutional funds. Please read the attached form for a further description of what documentation can be submitted to fulfill this requirement. Our office will contact you if we need additional documentation. You will only need to provide proof of your legal status once.
Please note the following dates for the 2011-2012 awarding cycle:
MARCH 1, 2011: New freshman application deadline has passed.
MARCH 15, 2011: Fall 2011 transfer student application deadline has passed.
APRIL 1, 2011: Continuing and graduate student application deadline has passed.
OCTOBER 17, 2011: Spring 2012 transfer student applications are due.
Tips for completing the Online Scholarship Application:
- Do not use the "forward" or "back" buttons on your browser; instead use the buttons at the bottom of each page.
- For security reasons, the scholarship application will time out after 45 minutes of inactivity. You must navigate between pages or click on the "save" button at the bottom of each page to remain active. If you have trouble logging back in after your session has timed out, close and then reopen your browser. You may also need to clear your cache if you are having difficulties.
- If you are creating a new application, make note of your scholarship application ID and password so you can review or revise your application. Passwords are case sensitive.
- The date you create and register a scholarship application ID and password is considered the application date. Making revisions later will not change the application date.
- When you have completed the application, you will receive a scholarship application number, which serves as confirmation that you have submitted your application.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation that your application has been received.
- Questions? Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid's Scholarship Office.
By submitting this application, you authorize the Office of Student Financial Aid at the University of Missouri – St. Louis to share information from this application and your educational record as is necessary for the review and selection of scholarship recipients