Financial Aid Tips
- File your FAFSA by March 1. Students filing after that date will be applying for remaining financial aid funds available (typically Pell grant and Stafford loans).
- Be accurate and complete when filing FAFSA.
- Don't leave a field blank. If a question doesn't apply, enter "0".
- Allow 4-8 weeks for financial aid application processing.
- Students who have a federal pin number may use the pin number as their signature. Students who do not have or don't know their PIN and parents of dependent students can obtain a PIN to use as signature at the Department of Education PIN site.
Review your student aid report (SAR) carefully,
follow any instructions provided.
- Accept or decline your awarded financial aid promptly on MyView to allow for quicker processing.
Set up direct deposit to have
any excess federal Stafford loan funds automatically deposited
to your checking or savings account. You can initiate direct deposit in MyView.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office immediately of any scholarships, grants, stipends, fellowships, or other awards that you will be receiving, if they are not listed on your award. Remember, we may be required to make adjustments to the financial aid offered to you. If you receive money from other sources at anytime during the year, your awards may be reduced.
- Be sure to update your current mailing address on the MyView system under "self service" to ensure you will receive your mail in a timely manner.