UMSL Service Site: The official community service site for UMSL students.
St. Louis Non-Profits Database : Independently search local organizations and volunteer opportunities.
Community Needs: A list of volunteer needs of local non-profit organizations including potential service-learning projects.
- Engages students in active learning that demonstrates the relevance and importance of academic work
- Enhances academic achievement, critical thinking, tolerance of diversity, and civic responsibility
- Improves interpersonal skills that are vital in achieving success in professional spheres
- Increases awareness of current social issues as they relate to academic areas of interest
*Service-learning projects can be done in concordance with a class or independently tied to your area of study. If you are interested in incorporating a service project to a current course:
- Approach your professor and let them know you are interested
- Refer them to the Center for Teaching and Learning [mailto: email@example.com] for support and resources regarding how to add a service-learning component
- Work with the CTL and your professor to find an appropriate project