Center for Teaching and Learning
Service-Learning for Community Partners
Community Needs Questionnaire: The first step to a partnership with UMSL is informing us of your organization's needs so we can connect you to the right people. Please complete and return this form to Megan Hill.
- Provides substantial human resources to address needs of local communities
- Involves community partners as co-educators in providing rich learning experiences for students
- Allows the energy and enthusiasm of college students to contribute to addressing community needs
- Fosters an ethic of service and civic participation in students who will be tomorrow's volunteers and civic leaders
- Creates potential for additional partnership and collaboration with the campus
Responsibilities of Community Partner Hosting a Service-Learning Project:
- An agency representative must be designated as the contact person
- Provide hands-on service experiences(direct or behind the scenes)
- Give a basic orientation to all participating students and provide basic supervision
- Be available to answer questions from students and/or faculty
- Support open lines of communication between students, faculty, and UMSL staff.
*Adapted from Saint Louis University