Study Abroad and Exchange
Faculty and Staff
Focus On Learning
Global Ethnic Collaborative
Community Engagement And Partnerships
International Honor Society
Chancellor's Certificate in International Trade
Lectures and Seminars
Headway English Language Program - HELP
A note about passport expeditor/courier services
Non-credit Training Programs
International Studies Certificates
Non-credit Training Programs
Calendar of Events
UMSL Greek Studies
German Culture Center
The Nicholas and Theodora Matsakis Hellenic Culture Center
Japan America Society of St. Louis
Irish Studies Program
International Student and Scholar Services
Guide to Accent Marks
The Christopher S. "Kit" Bond Lecture Series
International Photo Contest
United Nations Day Contest
Do I need a passport?
THE NICHOLAS AND THEODORA MATSAKIS HELLENIC CULTURE CENTER at the University of Missouri-St. Louis is a place where scholars, students, and community members are welcome to immerse themselves in the culture and history of Greece - both international and locally. The Center is a resource for political, educational, cultural, travel, and business information.
THE NICHOLAS AND THEODORA MATSAKIS HELLENIC CULTURE CENTER INCLUDES:
• The KARAKAS FAMILY LIBRARY filled with general interest books and periodicals on ancient, Byzantine, and modern Greece as well as a collection of current brochures, informational booklets, and other printed materials from Greek public and private organizations including subscriptions to major Greek newspapers and magazines.
• The ANDREW DIMAROGONAS MEDIA CENTER that holds a computer with access to the internet and updated bookmarks for major Greek portals and Web sites. Also, the Media Center includes a collection of educational and informational videos and computer programs about Greece that are available for use in the Center.
• The MARY E. CRITZAS ARCHIVES OF THE GREEK-AMERICAN COMMUNITY that will detail the history of the local Greek-American community, including the documents resulting from the Oral History project.
• The MARY E. CRITZAS GALLELRY OF GREEK ART that hosts a permanent exhibition of replicas of ancient and Byzantine Greek art as well as temporary exhibits by modern Greek artists. This museum is the only one of its kindin St. Louis and is a major attraction for locals and tourists interested in Greek culture. Furthermore, it will be used for classes and lectures on Greek art and culture.
* The HELLENIC SPIRIT FOUNDATION CONFERENCE ROOM that is available for a number of events and activities related to Greek culture including lectures, films, meetings, and performances.
Monday and Wednesday - 2:00-4:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday - 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
and by Appointment - 314-516-4733
210 Lucas Hall
The Nicholas and Theodora Matsakis Hellenic Culture Center could not have been possible without the outstanding support of its very generous donors. We continue to seek funds to build an endowment to operate the Center in perpetuity. This fund will allow for the Center to expand and offer new and exciting educational opportunities.
For further information on THE NICHOLAS AND THEODORA MATSAKIS HELLENIC CULTURE CENTER please contact:
DR. MICHAEL B. COSMOPOULOS
Hellenic Government - Karakas Family Foundation Professor of Greek Studies
International Studies and Programs
University of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63121-4400