About The Program
About the Program
Program Staff Bios
Credits, Sources, and Acknowledgements
What Others Say
Human Origin Lab (HOL)
African Cultures Lab
Pre Visit Lesson Plans
Post Visit Lesson Plans
Workshops and Programs
The Connecting Human Origin and Cultural Diversity Program offers a variety of programs for both students and teachers alike:
- CBHE Eisenhower Professional Development Programs for teachers (1997, 1999, 2000 and 2001).
- Mathematics, Anthropology and Science Teaching (1997-1998).
- Middle School Summer Science Camps (Normandy NSF Summer 1998 and 1999).
- Summer of Service/Summer of Fun (Community Service Camp for Teens-summer 1998, 1999).
- Anthropology in the Classroom: An Anthropological Field School for Teachers (2001-2002).
- Heart of our Community (Welston and Normandy) middle school, (summer and after school programs 2000, 2001).
- The Science of Digging up our Past: An Anthropological Field School for Teachers (2000-2001).
- Funding Pending Using Anthropology to Explore Your Neighborhood:
An Anthropological Field School for Teachers and their Students
- IN-Gear for Careers teacher enrichment programs for teachers and middle school students (St. Louis Public, Welston, Normandy, Maplewood/Richmond Heights).
- Gear-up student enrichment program for 7-12 grade students. (2006-2009).
- St. Louis Teacher Enhancement Program (STEP) (2005-2007).
- High School Science Lessons: Human Anthropological Forensics and Earth Science (Missouri Fossil Record)